Simmons College of Kentucky is a small, urban campus, located in the heart of downtown Louisville, Kentucky. Simmons’ historic campus, built by formerly enslaved people in 1879, is a campus where history, faith, learning and life come together. Jump in a car or bus, and you are within a few hours from Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Nashville, Asheville, Atlanta and other exciting destinations.
Simmons College of Kentucky is an institution of biblical higher education dedicated to educating people in the urban context through strong academic and professional programs in order that they may become productive citizens and agents of change in society.
As an institution, we have one central commitment—students. We were reminded throughout this process that regardless of the other priorities that would surface throughout this plan, our students are our sole priority and the only reason we continue to exist. We are driven by the motto, ‘students first.’
We cultivate and affirm a culture that values student success, authentic personal development, and leadership in the community. We are committed to measuring and holding ourselves accountable to outcomes in these areas.
- To equip each student with strong literacy and critical thinking skills.
- To develop a view of life and the world rooted in the Kingdom of God.
- To impart tools of solid biblical interpretation and social analysis.
- To inspire a strong sense of social justice and civic duty in the urban context.
- To achieve the highest degree of excellence in development of the self.
- To become assets to the church and community through becoming practitioners of innovative ministries in the city.
- To produce a graduate population of lifelong learners
Simmons College of Kentucky is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education Commission on Accreditation (5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Set. 130, Orlando, FL 32822, 407.207.0808) to grant certificates and degrees at the Associate and Baccalaureate levels.