MORE INFORMATION ON COVID-19 FROM THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this
virus. The CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. Closely following recommended prevention measures is the best method for protecting yourself from sickness.
Symptoms? Need to reach a medical professional?
Be mindful of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
According to the CDC, “Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus
disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.”
For more information about symptoms, please visit the CDC COVID-19 Symptoms page.
Need to talk with a medical professional?
General questions from the public or healthcare provider inquiries about COVID-19 may be directed to the Kentucky Department of
Health’s COVID-19 Hotline (800) 722-5725. Their website is (HERE).
COVID-19 is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China. Early on, many of the patients in the outbreak in Wuhan, China reportedly had some link to a large seafood and animal market, suggesting animal-to-person spread. However, a growing number of patients reportedly have not had exposure to animal markets, indicating person-to-person spread is occurring.
Where is it spreading?
- Locations with Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Global Map
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
- Travel Health Notices